Midlothian Library Service provides project collection boxes to all primary schools to supplement teaching resources for class topics /projects. The collection provides a box of non-fiction reading materials, promoting literacy and reading for information and supports the outcomes of the Curriculum for Excellence.
Project boxes can be ordered as and when required by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The service also offers topic boxes of religious artefacts and fiction titles can also be included to support learning.
Topics available include:
- Animals – classification, life cycles, mammals etc.
- Countries – geography, culture, history etc.
- Government – democracy, voting, parliament etc.
- Houses & homes.
- Human body & health.
- Food & farming.
- Myths & legends.
- Scottish history
- Ancient Egypt
- Greeks / Romans / Celts / Vikings.
- Rainforests / woodlands / forests
- WWI & WWII
- Local history / information
This is not a fully comprehensive list but email any requests you may have.
For more information on this service please contact Sarah Findlay, Service Development Leader – Children & Young People, 0131 271 3975, email@example.com.